OH. MY. VLOG.
I did it. I put my big girl pants on, figured out how to work the laptop camera and filmed my first ever vlog! It was terrifying but not a total catastrophe so I guess we’ll go with it. Thanks to Jane at Maflingo for nominating me to answer the Vogue 73 questions (you can read her answers here) and also to Helen at Just Saying Mum who’s post Come On Girls, Embrace Your Inner Vlogger! which may have just given me the little nudge I needed to go for it!
Watch on YouTube: Mess & Merlot- Vogue 72 Questions
1. What’s your favourite movie?
Clueless – I know what you’re thinking, highbrow right? What – everrrr…
2. Favourite movie in the past five years?
3. Favourite Hitchcock film?
4. A book you plan on reading?
Oscar Wilde Plays
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
My History of Art books!
6. Favourite TV show that’s currently on?
7. On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you about life right now?
8. iPhone or Android?
9. Twitter or Instagram?
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
11. What’s your favourite food?
12. Least favourite food?
13. What do you love on your pizza?
14. Favourite drink?
Think my blog name might give that away 😉
15. Favourite dessert?
Anything really chocolatey
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
I seem to have missed this one out on the vlog – oops!! Usually dark unless I’m really craving something sweet in which case Galaxy Salted Caramel.
17. Coffee or tea?
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
Seeing my kids upset about something.
19. What’s your favourite band?
20. Favourite solo artist?
21. Favourite song?
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
Somewhere I didn’t have to look at it.
25. To be or not to be?
26. Dogs or cats?
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
A HUGE box of Tunnocks Teacakes
29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
30. Last gift you gave a friend?
31. What’s your favourite board game?
32. What’s your favourite country to visit?
33. What’s the last country you visited?
34. What country do you wish to visit?
Oops – missed this one out too! Germany.
35. What’s your favourite colour?
36. Least favourite colour?
37. Diamonds or pearls?
38. Heels or flats?
39. Pilates or yoga?
40. Jogging or swimming?
41. Best way to de-stress?
Go to bed.
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
44. What’s your favourite flower?
45. When was the last time you cried?
Yesterday (well, almost)
46. Do you like your handwriting?
47. Do you bake?
Yes, a lot. Sadly for other people!
48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
50. Who do you miss most?
Nobody at the minute.
51. What are you listening to right now?
Virgin Media digging up the road!!!!
52. Favourite smell?
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
55. A sport you wish you could play?
56. Hair colour?
57. Eye colour?
58. Scary film or happy endings?
59. Favourite season?
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
Stephen Fry, Greg Davies, Sharon Horgan
61. Hugs or kisses?
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
63. Where were you born?
Dublin’s Fair City!
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
65. Sweet or savoury?
66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
Can I have both??
67. What book have you read again and again?
The Merchant of Venice
68. Favourite bedtime story?
Sometimes I like to curl up in a Ball
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
Charlie Brown: B.R.O.W.N
70. Favourite sound?
My daughter’s laugh
71. Favourite animal?
72. Who is your girl crush?
73. Last photograph you took?
My son, proudly wearing his Blue Peter badge
Phew! I nominate the following bloggers to write or vlog their answers to the Vogue 73 Questions. Don’t forget to tweet me the link so I can check out your posts too!
Rebecca – Rock and Roses Mama
Fi – Beauty, Baby & Me
Ellen – Babies, Biscuits & Booze
Helen – Gumdrops and The Bear
Alison – Mad House Mum